Social Work/Psychology

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Medications and Treatments for ALS and other ALS topics.

I have just been diagnosed with ALS and need to talk to someone. Who do I talk to?

Social Work/Psychology

Since ALS is a terminal disease, if you have ALS, seeing a social worker or psychologist is extremely beneficial. A psychologist or social worker can provide support to the patient as well as their caregiver and family members. A social worker or psychologist can also help people with ALS cope with the feelings of shock, anger, and sadness they may experience, especially if there are signs of depression. Social workers can help the patient and family members decide on hospice care during the end stages of the disease.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this ALS Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Patricia Walters-Fischer